Peterborough College approached Scape360 to produce an immersive showcase of their vast college facilities; in order to present a digital twin of the college available to both students and parents direct from their smart devices, tablets or desktop computer.
Using Scape360’s expert knowledge with Innovation in Education the digital twin produced allowed Peterborough College to present a highly accurate digital twin of the college campus to meet so many objectives in one simple, easy to navigate turn key solution. We believe this is one of the largest use cases of this product and immersive experiences for education in Cambridgeshire.
The virtual showcase is an online immersive & engaging experience which teleports the audience directly inside Peterborough College via their own smartphone, tablet or home PC without the need for additional software.
Scape360 delivered a multitude of services designed to engage audiences throughout the current global situation and allow the college to conduct virtual open days seamlessly online.
An amazing Drone shot provided an accurate map and model of the facility to plan for and mitigate against hazards associated with COVID 19 and welcoming students back for the new term. The objectives met were:
- Deliver an engaging experience and site map for current and prospective students to utilise during their studies or whilst searching for the next opportunity. Accessible form their smart phones or home computers.
- Promote the college online to a diverse range of audiences, increase exposure with the aim of enrolling more students in further education.
- Provide a ‘virtual’ open day experience for parents and students.
- Provide a reassuring insight into the college for students with learning disabilities, or purely to have a stress-free experience for students to gain an understanding of their physical surrounds during their studies before even setting foot in the building.
- Provide an overarching, Health, Safety and Fire Evacuation training aid and visualization tool which has multiple use cases.
- Allow for measuring of physical spaces within the 3D tour to plan for and mitigate against issues faced when planning for new events or refurbishments.